Friday, January 18, 2008

Choices for 1-20

The Rotten Tomatoes showclock seems like the best thing since sliced bread if you don't count ipods and antilock brakes and bagged salads and various other innovations I enjoy. Anyhow it's good! Every theater and critical concensus right there.

I've already seen The Savages, Into the WIld, and Atonement, all v.g., as well as some of the bigger releases. Seems to me this week comes down to Juno, No Country for Old Men, The Orphanage, and The Kite Runner, altho Cloverfield is a dark horse. I'm willing to see Juno, but if I had my personal druthers I'd just wait for the DVD cuz I've seen so many clips that I feel as if I've already had the experience, plus seems like this year's Little Miss Sunshine, i.e. indie flick that gets so much publicity that seeing it is anticlimactic. Also, others on the list beg more for the big screen, and this movie clearly does not need support of counter box office pretentious elitists like us cuz it's a huge box office hit. But that's just me.

No comments: