Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OK, how bout the second Sunday...

I've already seen Charlie Wilson's War and Atonement which are both big budget flicks with major backing anyhow, altho aimed at the upper bourgeoisie more than the lumpenproles. Both very good, actually, esp. recommend Atonement as a big screen experience.

Anyhow, The Kite Runner will join Juno in Jax the coming weekend. Secondary choice Walk Hard is still around; that's kind of indie-ish.

I suspect Margot at the Wedding is going away Friday, and since I have some kind of weird fixation with seeing it on the big screen, I'm going to try for that tomorrow, i.e. Thursday.

The two movies all the critics were talking about in December, The Savages and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, may NEVER get to Jax, alack. I saw The Savages in NYC, good but not transcendently fabulous, basically above-average dysfunctional family fare.

No comments: